Fashion Week: Designer Sketches



New York Fashion Week came and went all to quickly this season but the Fall 2011 collections did not disappoint and more importantly left us with some fabulous new designer sketches to ogle over. Here are a few of my favorites!
(Jason Wu and Catherine Malandrino)
I absolutely love the loose and stylistic approach of these Jason Wu and Catherine Malandrino sketches. They are both so energetic and sophisticated.
(Adam and Rachael Roy)
This Adam sketch is great example of how you can achieve a polished and professional illustration without rendering the face and hair, which many find intimidating. Especially when starting out drawing and designing. Keep it clean and simple.
(Badgley Mischka and Ruffian)
Next week I'll post more NYFW sketches as well as a couple of my pictures from Lincoln Center. (It's so weird to not say "the tents" or "Bryant Park" anymore!) In the mean time, if you'd like to see more illustrations and read about the inspiration behind these collections you can check out InStyle.
(Peter Som and Michael Kors)

Leave a Comment

Kristina Pellien said...

These are so inspiring! I love the bold characteristics of the Badgley Mischka illustration.

Pedralba said...

Love the Jason Wu design

Juliana said...

Your work is so amazing. I`m blown away:)
I have a big project due in a month. And your drawings gives me great inspiration:)

A said...

Wow, these are so so gorgeous! The Jason Wu illustration is grand...they all are!

PS: I did an interview of a wonderful up and coming designer, if you have time I would love if you could check it out!

Aldina
Circle of Design Fashion Illustration

Alicia Jo said...

I have been looking at your blog and somehow I always end up at it again. It has helped me with a lot of things! Thanks so much Keep up the good work! Follow my Blog!-Alicia
 http://www.vantagepointvintage.com/blog 

Anonymous said...

These are incredible! Can't wait to see what you have coming! :)
-Meredith Henson
(http://frecklesandfashions.blogspot.com/)